Search Results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

ravensview: As long as you indicate that a line is from your book, you should be fine. Good hashtags for that are #writing and #amwriting

Vivi_Anne: good observation. Just make sure you figure out the proper time zone for those times, to reach the area of the world you aim for.

Retweets by others, as Eldersmart suggested, are very good. The more retweets by different people, the bigger your reach. A tip though: don't just go for "Buy my book Title at Amazon there and there!". Market yourself. Make yourself a brand, don't just focus on your book(s). Twitter is a social medium, present yourself as a social creature. Post good lines from your work, share little bits about yourself that the world is allowed to know. As for good hashtags, look at bookmarketingservices.org/u…

Greetings Earthbeings

PaulKater - - Feedback

Darned phishing things are evil. Good luck with your efforts, and good luck for the new year to you as well! Happy holidays!

Greetings Earthbeings

PaulKater - - Feedback

Tai, have a look at lulu.com. They ship from France in Europe. I like them very much, good price, speed and quality. I tried a book on CreateSpace as well. It is just too expensive and slow for our side of the ocean (I'm in the Netherlands).

Formatting rules

PaulKater - - Formatting, Layout

Note that not everything you can stick in a Word document will make a good e-book. Epub is HTML, I don't know how Amazon is built up inside, and PDF is entirely different once again. Keep the style clean, don't use fancy fonts, don't go overboard on links (they can confuse the reader) unless you write a reference manual. If Smashwords says something is okay, you're fine in most other places with that document.

Good book covers.

PaulKater - - Book Cover

- Use a good picture and obey copyrights etc. Pay for something good, as you expect to be paid for your good book. - Make sure the image is also recognisable when it's downsized to a thumbnail as on Amazon/Smashwords. - Make sure the title and your name are still legible in such a thumbnail. - Don't go overboard with colours and weird fonts. - Make sure the image / cover has to do with the book. You may laugh at this but I've seen examples...

Pricing

PaulKater - - Publish / Upload

Pricing is always difficult. Don't underprice your work, don't overprice it. Up to 50.000 words should be fine at US$2.99. Upto 100K would go up to $3.99, and over that you can ask $4.99. PROVIDED that your work is edited, has a good style, you ran a spell checker, your story is consistent and you have a decent cover. €2.99 for Europe should be okay, but remember that people use the internet. $2.99 = €2.20 (about, almost). They will see what you ask elsewhere.