Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Formatting for upload

ravensview - - Publish / Upload

Thanks Andrea - looking forward to the guide.

Paul - had a link to my book itself, but will add hashtags too - thx

I like the idea of posting good lines from my book. Just did my opening line. As far as followers go, I have about 300 that I've collected over the years, not specifically as an author but just as me - ravensviewca No plans - so far - on creating an ID of me as a writer.

Greetings Earthbeings

ravensview - - Feedback

Tai - I'm in Canada, and am using Createspace from Amazon for my first novel. Have had over a hundred copies shipped to me so far - from the US - and quality of all is excellent. Costs me about $5.50 for each book, including shipping. I'm listed at $13.99 on their site, but have sold a lot to friends locally for $10. Right now more interested in publicity than profit. Only regret is that they don't publish in Canada, as I have to pay a few dollars brokerage fee on each box.

Formatting rules

ravensview - - Formatting, Layout

Are there any guidelines as to what formatting is preferred for the best conversion result? I've uploaded to Smashwords, after basically simplifying the font selections and adding a TOC manually. Their process gave me feedback on errors too, which helped get a clean copy. In addition, I could review the finished copy. From what I can see here in the FAQ, looks like just upload a .doc file and the conversion happens.

Pricing

How are people selecting the various prices? Right now I'm at $2.99 US on Amazon Kindle, since I think that's a good price point. Do you pick a euro price then do the conversion to other currencies and adjust those prices? Is 2.99 euro a good price point for european books?

Formatting for upload

Published this in another topic, but may be more fitting here. Are there any guidelines as to what formatting is preferred for the best conversion result? I've uploaded to Smashwords, after basically simplifying the font selections and adding a TOC manually. Their process gave me feedback on errors too, which helped get a clean copy. In addition, I could review the finished copy. From what I can see here in the FAQ, looks like just upload a .doc file and the conversion happens. Related to this, …