Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Greetings Earthbeings

Tai_Paz - - Feedback

Greetings Earthbeings

Tai_Paz - - Feedback

PaulKater & Ravenswiew - apologies for not replying sooner. I've been unable to log-in due to bizarre phishing URLs, but this time around I didn't get any. Re Lulu, I researched them and found them more expensive than CreateSpace. I now have 4 of my 5 eBook titles out in paperback via CS, the 5th should appear at any moment. But I totally blew any chance of Christmas sales as I transferred my eBooks from Amazon KDP to Xinxii just at the wrong time, while I was simultaneously trying to get all 5 …

Greetings Earthbeings

Tai_Paz - - Feedback

Now that's what I call service However, I'm still waiting for a reply from distribution - almost 48 hours now - re uploading a revision. Read on: There are a couple of places the FAQs need to be updated: 1: it's stated in the FAQs that one can upload a revision by going to "Edit", but in fact there's no option to delete the files already there, or to upload a revision. 2: I quote from a previous email of 7th November re a contradiction in the FAQs: Quote: “How long does it take my eBook to show …

Greetings Earthbeings

Tai_Paz - - Feedback

Just wanted to be the first to post in English! Wishing all Xinxii authors and self-publishers a great Winter Solstice holiday and unconditional love and success for 2014 - and for the eternal now, of course. And the same wishes extended the noble Xinxii team who I know through 6th sense are going to reply to queries even faster in future! Just teasing - these forums are to take the weight off their backs - okay, just teasing again. PS: why aren't there any smilies on this site?

Formatting rules

Tai_Paz - - Formatting, Layout

For Xinxii, I create a mobi from the .doc file and upload it. 4 of my eBooks have at least one illustration, so it's quicker to upload a single mobi than it is to upload a zip file containing other files as one does with KDP.

Good book covers.

Tai_Paz - - Book Cover

I design my own book covers for my novels, though I prefer photographic images for poetry. When using other peoples work, whether they're universal copyright or creative commons, you have to be very precise when adhering to rules of acknowledgement. I'll only use free material as I've found most cover designers charge too highly for too little work. EG: one stated he'll spend about 2 hours on each cover and give the author 3 to choose from, the cost being $200. Designers like these have their ow…

2 General Questions

Tai_Paz - - General Questions

1: How does one pronounce "Xinxii"?! When talking to friends about the site I usually pronounce it 'Zinzee', but get bizarre feedback when I spell the actual word out. 2: Has anyone else here had problems logging-in to Community when logging-in via a link? My PC security blocks the attempts due to 2 phishing URL's which want to download. But I don't get them when logging-in from the Xinxii site.